Call Us Now: 0086-13925799591
When it comes to select rf connectors, making sure your request is the key. The right connector can make your system smaller, lighter, and more user-friendly. So this time we are going to know how to select RF connector.
1) The connector interface is usually determined by its application, but meets both electrical and mechanical performance requirements.
2) The BNC is a bayonet style connector allowing for quick connect and disconnect with a positive locking mechanism, And they are widely used in network system, instrument and computer interconnection field
3) The TNC connector is the deformation of the BNC connector, which is connected by a screw and used to connect coaxial cables in radio equipment and test instruments
4) SMA connectors are widely used in military and civilian fields such as aviation, radar, microwave communication, and digital communications. Its impedance is 50Ω and 75Ω, and the SMA connectors of 75Ω has a promising application in digital communication.
5)The volume of SMB is smaller than SMA, and it is inserted into self-locking structure, which is convenient for quick connection. The most typical application is digital communication.
6) N-type connectors use air as the insulating material for low cost, impedance of 50Ω and 75Ω, and frequencies up to 11GHz are commonly used in regional networks, media propagation and test instruments.
7) The connectors of MCX and MMCX series are small in size and reliable in contact, and they are the first choice to satisfy the intensive and miniaturization.
Rf connector should match the system and the impedance of the cable, not all the connector interface meet Ω 50 or 75 Ω impedance, impedance mismatch to cause a decline in performance of the system.
Ensure that the maximum withstand voltage of the connector is not exceeded during use.
Each radio connector has a maximum operating frequency limit.
The installation method of the RF connector mainly includes:
For cable, solder type, crimp type etc.;
For PCB Mount, Through hole or edge mount, etc.;
For Panel Mount, Flange Or install through the wall.
The connectors are made of brass, beryllium copper and stainless steel. The center conductor is usually gold plated to ensure low resistance and corrosion resistance. The military standard requires gold plating on SMA and SMB, and silver plating on N, TNC and BNC. Because silver is easily oxidized, users prefer nickel plating.
The insulating materials are PTFE, polypropylene and toughened polystyrene, of which PTFE has the best insulation performance but high cost.
In addition to electrical performance, each types of connector has its own unique features, such as: BNC for bayonet connection, easy to install and low price; SMA, TNC series for nut connection, to meet the requirements of connectors in high vibration environment, SMB has The fast connection disconnect function is increasingly favored by users.
Elecbee is a store to sell many kinds of electronic products which purchase from Original OEM Factory in China with high quality and competitive price. And we major sales RF coaxial connectors, USB connector, Antenna, Military and Aviation connectors and so on. Our products have passed ISO certification and one year warranty! Any questions you can live chat with us or send email to us at email@example.com.